Fri, 18 Aug|
University of Roehampton
Work Ready Student Developers: Problem Book Showcase and Collaboration Call
Join us for an in-person showcase and exploration of the "Work Ready Student Developers" problem book. Registration Deadline: 15th August by 16.00 hours
Time & Location
18 Aug, 10:30 – 14:00
University of Roehampton, Roehampton Lane, London SW15 5PH, UK
About the Event
During this interactive session, students who are collaborating in teams on this project, will demonstrate progress that they have made on the design, development, deployment, and evaluation of three prototype applications, which are destined to be used in real world use cases.
Following the student showcases, we will:
- Explore the notion of "Work Readiness" and collectively investigate how such a notion can be measured and formally validated.
- Explore opportunities for how the concept and running of a virtual software studio, can be used by multiple universities to manage and organise real world development projects, delivered by students, for real clients.
Who should attend?
- Academics who are interested in embedding employability activities within a module or programme.
- University careers specialists who want to explore opportunities for promoting internship projects to students within their university.
- Students, academics and professional practitioners from industry who want to discuss opportunities for future Work Ready Student initiatives. For example; Work Ready Student Developers; Work Ready Student Cyber Security Practitioners; Work Ready Student Software Engineers; Work Ready Student Data Science Practitioners; Work Ready Student AI Specialists, etc.
Refreshments and a light lunch will be available.
RegistrationSir David Bell Building
Team Project PresentationsCinema